One of the world's leading universities is looking for a Graduation Events Officer to join their team on a contract six-month basis. You will be assisting with our graduation ceremonies which celebrate the achievements of outstanding students, staff and supporters from one of the world's leading universities. These ceremonies are run to exacting standards, with high quality communications, hospitality and complex logistical requirements.
You will play a key role in the Graduation Team, leading on the arrangements and activities relating to the ceremonies. This would include liaison with the venue around seating, ticketing, AV and live-streaming as well as liaison with all those playing a key role in the ceremonies including orchestra, choir, senior leadership, academics, Registry staff and the graduates themselves.
- Leading on the logistical planning for the ceremonies, working closely with the venue, the caterers, academics, the orchestra, choir and Director of Music
- Managing and sourcing suppliers for AV, staging, live streaming and social media, ensuring they are booked in ahead of time, and are fully briefed
- Leading on the creation of seating plans, stage directions and stage plans for the ceremonies
- Managing the access requirements for graduates, guests and staff as required for the event
- Forecasting costs ahead of time and closely managing the budget
- Preparing briefing papers for senior staff
- Managing the feedback and post-event process for ceremonies, making recommendations for improvements based on the feedback and preparing reports for senior leadership where appropriate
- Creating and communicating plans for the different groups of participants involved in the ceremonies, ensuring that information is communicated in a timely manner
- Acting as the main point of contact for all aspects of ceremony planning
- Arranging and attending meetings with key stakeholders to update them on progress and resolve any issues
- Working closely with the VIP Team to ensure their needs are met for VIP guests and senior staff for the ceremonies
- Ensuring that the catering provided for ceremony participants is appropriate and in place around each ceremony
- Ensuring that risk assessments have been completed as necessary and shared with the relevant team
- Managing the relationship with the gowning company, ensuring the provision for online hiring of gowns is ready and working properly
Essential Skills and requirement:
- Degree qualified
- Proven experience of organising and delivering large scale events
- Experience of working with multiple and varied stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong customer service
If you feel that you fit the above criteria then please apply today by submitting your CV to us. Please note due to the high volume of applications that we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.